Wherever you are on your spiritual journey,
St. John's welcomes you!
We hope you will visit us this Sunday or during the week. After the Sunday service, please look for our greeters at the exits of the church who can provide you with more information about St. John's and answer your questions. Please also join us for coffee and fellowship after the service in our parish hall (Alfriend Hall).
If you would like to learn more about St. John's or need to contact us for another reason, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the church office at (850) 222-2636.
New Members' Class: A class for those new to St John’s. This is class will provide basic knowledge of the Christian faith, St John’s story and expectations of membership in the church.
- Salvation History An overview of the course of salvation history in the relationship between God and the People of God. Beginning with the call of Abraham we will follow God’s promise and presence through Moses and the liberation from slavery, David and Solomon and the glory of ancient Israel, the prophets, the Babylonian exile and return, and our class will culminate in the fulfillment of God’s plan in the witness of John the Baptist and the life, death and resurrection of Jesus the Christ.
- The Episcopal Story A discussion of the history of the church with particular attention to the Reformation of the sixteenth century, the special circumstances of the English Reformation and the development of the Church of England. We will then turn to the establishment of the Episcopal Church in the newly formed United States and its growth into the Episcopal Church we know today.
- The Saint John’s Story A look at the founding and development of St. John’s parish and of the Diocese of Florida.
- Expectations A discussion of the responsibilities and expectation of church membership including attendance, stewardship and ministries.
- Your Story A sharing among the class of our faith stories and our spiritual journeys.
These classes will be held:
- April 22nd there will be a one day retreat from 9am to 2pm.
- An all day Retreat will be offered on June 17, if the April date does not work for you!