Bishop Howard quoted Pope Francis in the Fall 2015 Diocesan Magazine which summarizes the diocesan mission:
“Christ performed the greatest service of all, reaching out to you and me from the cross in an embrace in love, so you and I are to respond to that love in service.”
Each day, as one of the Outreach Missions of the Diocese of Florida, we are responding to the love of Christ by sharing that love to others at Grace Mission. In particular, we are caring for the “least of these” in our midst – the poor, weak, vulnerable, elderly, homeless, addicts and children. As a worshipping community and grounded in the Gospel – Jesus reminds us, “There is no greater love than laying down one’s life for another.” In love, every day, we lay our lives down to help those that are truly broken, often forgotten, unloved, and misunderstood – people in the margins of society. Christ gave us this beautiful commission in Matthew 25 and in every possible way Grace Mission lives into the Great Commission.
Numerous volunteer opportunities exist ranging from assisting in the children’s program to serving meals or assisting in the various other ministries at Grace Mission. Grace currently has a need for:
- Driver – School Bus - Urgent Need
- Lay minister – Urgent Need
- Coordinator to direct volunteers in clothes closet organization and inventory rotation
- Lead volunteer to organize Saturday volunteer days – follow-up calls to scheduled volunteers and direction on Saturday work days (3rd Saturday One Campaign Mobile Pantry, last Saturday Water Walk)
- Mobile Pantry Intake & Distribution Clerk
- Expediters – Laundry & Showers – 90-minute shifts
- Kitchen Serving Team
- 2 volunteers for monthly clothing giveaway – set up 2nd Tuesday and take down 2nd Wednesday
- Volunteers to process quarterly mailouts in February, May, August, & November
To volunteer contact Delois Brown, Delois@gracemision.net, or 224-3817.
Grace Mission always needs donations of clothing, blankets, coats, and toiletries. Please see the donation box at the Calhoun Street entry at Alfriend Hall.
For more information please contact --Helen Haines at 894-2164 or email@example.com
Check out the Grace Mission website.