Wherever you are on your spiritual journey,
You’re welcome at St. John’s.
As a parish, we have a clear mission: to love and serve Christ and our neighbors in Tallahassee and the world. We are united by five core values:
- Worship Worship is at the center of all that we do. We value powerful liturgy rooted in Episcopal tradition, preaching that brings God’s Word alive with clarity and conviction, and an exceptional music program.
- Compassion We are committed to compassionately serving our local and global neighbors, especially through our pastoral care and outreach ministries. Whether it’s caring for those in need in Tallahassee or embarking on international mission trips, we are passionate about selfless service in Christ’s name.
- Openness We are firm at the core and open at the edges, which means that we adhere closely to the core teachings of Holy Scripture and Episcopal tradition, while meeting all persons wherever they are on their spiritual journey. We are an inclusive church that seeks to embrace all of God’s people.
- Community Daily worship, a bustling café and bookstore, and meeting spaces open to the public—we are a 24/7 downtown church that joyfully extends hospitality to our members and the community.
- Stewardship Since 1829, we have valued faithful stewardship of the time, talent and treasure with which God has blessed us. We seek to be good stewards not just for our own benefit, but also for the wellbeing of generations to come, that future members of St. John’s will share in our faith and love God and their neighbors.