Each year, Tallahassee’s Elder Care Services (ECS) hosts a gift giving program to support their senior clients. On Saturday, December 19, St. John’s volunteers can play Santa and deliver Christmas gifts that have already been donated by community members through the “Elder Elf” program!
St. John’s has a long history of supporting Elder Care Services, especially through our annual Christmas Eve Meals on Wheels delivery. This year, instead of meals, our parish looks forward to delivering “Elder Elf” gifts and brightening the holidays for local seniors.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for an available slot using the button below.
- Arrive at the Elder Day Stay location (Lake Ella Plaza) at your assigned time on Saturday, December 19.
- Volunteers will put gifts to be delivered in your car (indicate the size of your car on the sign up) and provide you with directions and a map.
- The seniors will be expecting volunteers that morning, so you can safely leave gifts at a distance and wish them “Happy Holidays!” from afar.
- Delivery routes should take one to two hours at the most.
All volunteers must follow St. John’s guidelines, which includes the wearing of masks and social distancing. Further guidelines for interaction with seniors will be shared in advance by Elder Care Services.