The pandemic gave us plenty of time to practice our favorite chili recipes at home. Show us what you got by entering your recipe in our 2022 St. John’s Chili Cook-off, a fundraiser for this summer’s youth mission trips to Ecuador (high school) and Alabama (middle school)!
WHEN: Friday, January 7, 2022 at 5:30 PM, right before our annual Epiphany Pageant
DETAILS: A $5 donation at the door buys attendees a voting spoon and an opportunity to taste each chili in our lineup (plus Fran’s cornbread). You can buy as many spoons as you want for extra votes. When you add in the cute, costumed kids, it’s basically St. John’s Dinner Theatre!
WHY: You could be the recipient of the coveted “Golden Spoon Award!” Well, that AND your participation will help the youth raise money for their upcoming mission trips!
DEADLINE: Dust off your spoons and enter yourself (or the best chef in your family) by 12/20/21.
- Arrive in Alfriend Hall with your chili (ready to serve) by 5:15 PM.
- One pot (or crock pot) of chili is the perfect amount. Make your family favorite!
- If you would like to bring any toppings or add-ins, please feel free to do so.
- You (or someone you choose!) will serve your chili. Be ready to talk about the ingredients.
- You serve your chili until it’s all gone, then enjoy the pageant!