July 30, 2021
St. John’s COVID Task Force continues to meet regularly to evaluate parish regathering processes and safety protocols. As the number of cases continues to rise in our community, St. John’s encourages every adult and teenager, who is medically able to do so, to get vaccinated. Our region is seeing significant increases in the spread of the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and the vast majority of those being hospitalized are unvaccinated.
As a church family, let us together seek out the best ways demonstrate care and compassion to the larger community.
- We will continue requiring masks during church services when we’re gathered for worship and congregational singing.
- Per updated CDC guidelines, masks are encouraged indoors on campus, regardless of vaccination status.
- Out of care for our youngest parishioners, we request that children – and those working with them – continue wearing masks at all church-sponsored indoor activities, as those ages 2-11 have not yet had access to the vaccine.
- Our clergy members, who have all been fully vaccinated, will continue wearing masks when not speaking during worship. And, clergy will resume masking while delivering the children’s homily.
- Lastly, if you are sick, or believe you may be getting sick, please stay home and worship with us online. We’ll get through this together!