The St. John’s Market—our annual holiday bazaar—is coming up on Saturday, November 18, 2023. While Market always features artisan crafts, baked goods, live plants, jams and jellies, and holiday arrangements that are prepared lovingly by St. John’s parishioners and friends, we DO rely on donations from the community to provide the wares for most of our booths.
Again this year, we’re making it easier than ever to donate by offering three drop-off days! The former St. John’s Bookstore location will serve as our main storage point for Market donations. On our convenient drop-off days (9/30, 10/14, and 10/28, from 8 AM to 12 PM), you can bring treasures directly to the bookstore where volunteers will be on hand to help you unload!
Needed items include books, jewelry, collectibles, housewares, china, and gently-used children’s items, sports memorabilia, camping and fishing gear, and more! Our full booth list and inventory of current needs can be found on the St. John’s Market website.
Please contact the church office during business hours if you are not able to bring your donations on the designated drop-off days. Below is a list of items that the St. John’s Market cannot accept.
- Used board games and puzzles (swallowing hazard and pieces are often missing)
- Baby items including strollers, carriages, high chairs, cribs or play pens and car seats
- Bikes, scooters and other riding toys
- Electronics with missing parts, and/or items that are not compatible with contemporary operating systems (we prefer late-model electronics that are in good working order).
- Adult clothing/shoes
- Broken items (please especially check tools and electric appliances to ensure they work!)
- Gasoline-powered items
- Firearms, ammunition, or any type of explosives
- Flammable items such as lamps with oil
- Furniture (will accept small items that can be carried by one person)
- Window blinds or shades
- Soiled linens or bedspreads
- Soiled stuffed animals