April 30, 2021
St. John’s COVID-19 Task Force recently met to discuss spring and summer regathering. We will continue to expand the size of our in-person congregation throughout the summer, while monitoring the situation and following local and state guidance.
While we are proceeding cautiously with regathering plans, we will wait to fully advance into Level 4, and will gradually implement changes related to worship, gatherings, and our campus. Capacity at events will increase slightly and you will see elements of worship and fellowship resume over the coming month.
The following changes have been approved and will be implemented on or after the date listed:
- Our weekly Healing Service will resume in the church on Wednesdays at 12:10 p.m. (May 5)
- Maximum capacity in the church will increase to 125 congregants (in pews). Social distancing will be maintained and masks will continue to be required. (May 9)
- Offertory plates will be passed in the pews during services. (May 9)
- Choir singers will expand slightly. Congregational singing is still prohibited. (Mid May)
- A limited number of acolytes will be reincorporated following training. (Late May)
- Nursery will be available during the Sunday 10 AM service. Attendance will be limited. Masks must be worn by children age 2 and older. (May 9)
- Small outdoor celebrations will be held following select special services. (June)
- Summer offerings for children and youth (Choir Camp, Youth BEAT, VBS) will take place. Participating families must to agree to abide by safety protocols implemented during camp weeks. (June)
- Parishioner nametag cabinets will be open and available for use. (May 2)
- Masks still required at all times on campus, with exceptions for eating and drinking at approved outdoor events and in a limited capacity during business hours for the Lively Café.
We’ve missed being together and we are excited to welcome more members of our church family, and our extended community, back to campus again (safely) this spring and summer!